There’s a heat brussels sprouts saute package at Dealer Joe’s that I fell in love with a few years again. Have you ever tried it? It’s actually the PERFECT facet dish for almost any meal, so I needed to do my finest to recreate one thing related for you!
This specific heat brussels sprouts salad with made with barely shredded or shaved brussels sprouts, parmesan cheese, a beautiful lemony dressing, bacon, dried cranberries (or dried cherries), and toasted hazelnuts. It solely takes about half-hour to make, and is ideal if you wish to prep all elements forward of time after which throw it collectively at night time or proper earlier than you serve dinner for Thanksgiving! I hope you like it.
FREE Final Thanksgiving Information (+ printable guidelines!)
Whether or not you’re internet hosting or simply attending, this Ultimate Thanksgiving Guide e mail sequence is for everybody. Enter your e mail under to get all of my finest recipes, ideas, and a FREE printable guidelines for your entire Thanksgiving wants.
Heat brussels sprouts salad elements
This straightforward, heat brussels sprouts salad with bacon is made with easy elements and full of scrumptious flavors. The parmesan cheese will get barely melted and wonderful if you add it to the brussels and also you’ll love the savory, nutty and tangy parts in each chunk. Right here’s what you’ll must make it:
- For the dressing: you’ll want olive oil, lemon juice, pure maple syrup, dijon mustard, garlic, salt & pepper.
- Bacon: chopped crispy bacon provides a scrumptious savory taste to the brussels sprouts salad.
- Hazelnuts: I really like the toasty, nutty taste that hazelnuts add to this salad. You too can use pecans or marcona almonds.
- Brussels sprouts: the star of this festive salad!
- Parmesan cheese: add a bit further salty, savory kick with shaved parmesan. Manchego would even be scrumptious in right here.
- Elective: I really like including dried fruit like cranberries, cherries or dried blueberries for a bit sweetness to stability out the savory flavors. Apple slices would even be fabulous!
Find out how to make heat brussels sprouts salad with bacon
- Make the dressing. In a medium bowl, whisk collectively the entire dressing elements, then set the dressing apart.
- Toast the hazelnuts. Place a large skillet over medium low warmth. Add in hazelnuts and toast for 2-3 minutes till good and golden and aromatic. Take away from the pan and put aside.
- Prepare dinner the bacon. Add bacon to a big skillet or pan and place over medium warmth, cook dinner bacon on each side till crispy and golden brown. As soon as the bacon is finished, blot it with a paper towel to soak up extra grease, then it chop into chunk sized items.
- Prepare dinner the brussels sprouts. Add olive oil to the identical giant skillet and switch up the warmth to medium excessive. Stir in brussels sprouts and saute for a couple of minutes till they begin to develop into barely golden brown and crispy.
- Assemble the salad. Flip warmth to low and add within the dressing, parmesan cheese and bacon; saute for just a few extra minutes so the cheese melts then serve instantly. Garnish with further bacon, hazelnuts and shaved parmesan and serve!
Suggestions for making this heat brussels salad
- Style & modify your dressing. I recommend beginning with simply 1 teaspoon of maple syrup to stability the tanginess of the dressing however be happy so as to add a bit extra if you happen to like.
- Use your meals processor for ease. Shred your brussels sprouts simply proper in your food processor! Simply pulse them a bit to get small & medium items.
- Don’t overcook your brussels sprouts. When you add them to the pan cook dinner them till they flip barely golden brown. This may make sure that they don’t get too mushy.
- Toast your nuts fastidiously. Whether or not you’re utilizing hazelnuts, pecans, or marcona almonds, toast them simply till they begin to develop into aromatic so that you just don’t burn them. It’s finest to do that over medium low warmth.
Customise this heat brussels salad
- Make it a full meal by including further protein from chickpeas or hen breast.
- Make it vegetarian by omitting the bacon, or make it vegan by omitting the bacon and parmesan cheese.
- Serve it chilly by merely skipping step 4 and including the dressing, parmesan cheese, cooked bacon and hazelnuts straight to your uncooked brussels sprouts! It will nonetheless be scrumptious.
Find out how to retailer heat brussels sprouts salad
Retailer this heat brussels salad within the fridge for as much as 4-5 days. Be at liberty to benefit from the salad chilly or reheat it in a skillet or within the microwave for a bit.
Make it forward of time
When you can utterly make and retailer this heat brussels sprouts salad forward of time utilizing the storing directions above, I like to recommend merely making the dressing and chopping up your brussels sprouts & nuts to cook dinner the day of. You could possibly additionally precook and cube up your bacon if you happen to’d like, and heat it up with the brussels sprouts the subsequent day!
What to pair with this heat brussels sprouts salad
Take a look at all of my Thanksgiving recipes here, plus just a few options on what to pair with this heat brussels sprouts salad:
And keep in mind, be taught precisely host Thanksgiving here!
I hope you like this scrumptious heat brussels sprouts salad! In case you make it remember to go away a remark & a score so I understand how you favored it. Get pleasure from, xo!
Heat Brussels Sprouts Salad
Stunning heat brussels sprouts salad tossed with crispy bacon, toasted hazelnuts and a light-weight lemon dressing. This cozy twist on a traditional shredded brussels sprouts salad is filled with taste and makes an exquisite lunch or vacation facet dish!
- For the dressing:
recent lemon juice
pure maple syrup
- Freshly floor black pepper
- For the brussels sprouts salad:
uncooked hazelnuts, chopped (uncooked pecans or marcona almonds would even be nice choices)
brussels, washed, stems eliminated, and roughly chopped/shredded
shaved parmesan cheese
- Elective: ⅓ cup dried cranberries or dried cherries or dried blueberries (my fav!)
First make the dressing: in a medium bowl, whisk collectively the olive oil, lemon juice, maple syrup, dijon, garlic, salt and pepper. Put aside.
Place a big skillet over medium low warmth. Add in hazelnuts and toast for 2-3 minutes till good and golden and aromatic. Take away from the pan and put aside.
Prepare dinner the bacon: add bacon to a big skillet or pan and place over medium warmth, cook dinner bacon on each side till crispy and golden brown. If the pan begins to smoke at any level, merely decrease the warmth. I at all times cook dinner my bacon on medium low warmth. As soon as bacon is finished, blot with a paper towel to soak up extra grease, then chop into chunk sized items.
Add olive oil to the identical giant skillet and switch up the warmth to medium excessive. Stir in brussels sprouts and saute for a couple of minutes till they begin to develop into barely golden brown. Flip warmth to low and add within the dressing, parmesan cheese and bacon; saute for just a few extra minutes so the cheese melts then serve instantly. Serves 4-6. Garnish with further bacon, hazelnuts and shaved parmesan.
To retailer: Retailer this heat brussels salad within the fridge for as much as 4-5 days. Be at liberty to benefit from the salad chilly or reheat it in a skillet or within the microwave for a bit.
See the complete submit for ideas, customizations, and methods to prep this salad forward of time!
Servings: 6 servings
Serving measurement: 1 serving (primarily based on 6)
Saturated fats: 4.2g
This submit was initially revealed on November twelfth 2020, and republished on November third, 2022.
Recipe by: Monique Volz // Formidable Kitchen | Images by: Eat Love Eats
Leave a Reply