This Vegan Candy Potato Pie recipe is considered one of my favourite vacation desserts and it’s tremendous simple to make! Being from the south, I’m no stranger to candy potatoes and love ANY excuse to eat them 😀
This publish is sponsored by Taylor USA! They’re considered one of my very long time sponsors and I exploit their kitchen thermometers and scales on a DAILY foundation. They’re so easy to make use of and completely life altering within the kitchen.
I’ve been desirous to share this recipe for fairly some time however solely received round to writing it up this yr! This candy potato pie could be very near my vegan pumpkin pie. It’s only a bit sweeter and, clearly, options candy potato as an alternative of pumpkin.
If vacation meals had been made up of nothing however aspect dishes and pie, I’d be fairly joyful 😀
I used the Taylor kitchen scale (which is an absolute MUST in the event you bake recurrently) to measure out the flour in addition to the mashed candy potato! I’ve tried shifting my baking habits to ALWAYS use a kitchen scale when measuring ingredients- particularly flour. It actually makes such a distinction and takes among the guess work out of baking.
I’ll take ALL OF THE HELP that I can get relating to baking.
Increasingly more recipes are together with the weighted measurements and I extremely advocate utilizing recipes that supply them.
Final yr I made an entire series of Instagram story videos displaying you precisely tips on how to make my vegan pumpkin pie. Since this one is so related, I recommend giving these tales a watch if you would like advise on perfecting this pie.
I LOVE this coconut oil pie crust for this pie in the event you’re searching for a vegan pie crust possibility. And when all else fails and also you want a dessert shortly, there’s NOTHING fallacious with retailer purchased. I promise! It’ll nonetheless be scrumptious 🙂 If you happen to do go the shop purchased route, simply know that you just may need to cowl the crust the final little bit of the baking course of as they have a tendency to get overdone simpler.
Easy methods to make this Vegan Candy Potato Pie
To make the filling of this pie easy and ache free, we’re whipping it collectively in a blender. That’s right- ALL of the components for this pie getting added right into a blender to create a clean pie filling. You can even use a meals processor for this and even whisk all of it collectively by hand if you have to.
The filling then will get poured into your ready pie crust and baked till set. I like to recommend watching the pie crust and including a little bit foil across the edges in the event that they begin to brown too shortly.
Certainly one of my favourite elements about this recipe is that it will probably simply be made the day earlier than and stored within the fridge. Chilling it actually companies all the things up and it nonetheless tastes GREAT the following day.
If you find yourself making this Candy Potato Pie for the vacations, ensure to tag me on Instagram @foodwithfeling!
Completely happy baking!!
Simple and scrumptious candy potato pie that’s absolutely vegan and easy to make!
For the crust:
For the filling:
- Within the bowl of a meals processor*, mix the flour, salt, and sugar. Pulse just a few occasions to mix. Add in HALF of the chilly butter cubes and pulse just a few extra occasions. Add in remaining butter and pulse just a few further occasions in order that the butter is roughly the dimensions of peas.
- Add within the chilly water, beginning with simply 4 tablespoons, and pulse 2 occasions. Add in 2 extra and pulse a pair extra occasions. Take a look at out the dough by urgent some collectively between your fingers. If it holds collectively then it’s prepared. If it’s nonetheless actually crumbly then add in additional water, 1 tablespoon at a time. Mine is all the time excellent with 6 complete tablespoons however you might want a little bit extra much less.
- On a flippantly floured floor, pour out the dough and work it in order that it’s principally pressed collectively. Break up it in half evenly and kind 2 discs with the dough. Wrap the discs individually in plastic wrap and CHILL for 1 hour or as much as 2 days. Pre-heat your oven to 350 levels F. Flippantly grease a 9” pie pan.
- When prepared to make use of the dough, let it sit on the counter for about 10 minutes to heat up a bit. If you happen to’re making a double crust pie, I prefer to roll out the underside crust and let it sit within the fridge chilling whereas I roll out the highest crust.
- To make issues simpler, roll the dough out on a floured piece of parchment paper utilizing a floured rolling pin. It’s going to seemingly be very crumbly at first however work it together with your palms just a few occasions in order that it’s pliable and straightforward to roll out. Roll it out so that it’s going to slot in your pie dish with about 1/2 an inch hanging over. Place it in your greased pie dish (a regular 9″ pie dish is ideal) and proceed together with your pie recipe!
- In a excessive pace blender or meals processor, mix the entire pie components and mix till creamy and clean. Ought to solely take a minute.
- Pour the pie filling into your crust (I do NOT pre-bake the crust on this recipe) and unfold out till it’s clean.
- Bake within the oven for 45-50 minutes. The highest must be agency and the crust must be flippantly browned across the edges. If the crust begins to get too brown across the edges, cowl the crust with foil or use pie protectors.
- As soon as executed, take out of the oven and let cool on the counter. Put within the fridge and let cool fully.
*I chopped up 2 medium peeled candy potatoes into giant chunks and cooked them in boiling water till mushy and really fork tender. You may prepare dinner them entire within the oven in the event you want. As soon as cooked and flippantly cooled, puree the flesh of the candy potato in a blender or meals processor till clean and no lumps stay. Measure out 2 ½ cups of the puree for this recipe.
- Prep Time: quarter-hour
- Cook dinner Time: 45 minutes
- Class: Dessert
- Methodology: Baking
- Delicacies: American
Key phrases: vegan pie, vegan dessert,
Leave a Reply