This straightforward, completely scrumptious quiche is a kind of keep-forever recipes that you just maintain coming again to month after month as a result of it’s so good, easy, and nutritious.
The very best half and clearly, essentially the most enjoyable is that it’s technically a crustless quiche (we’re utilizing candy potatoes because the crust!).
I’ve made this crustless goat cheese quiche numerous occasions over time for breakfast & vacation brunches ( you, Easter!), however largely crave it for lunch with a aspect of thick avocado toast and Cholula, or typically almond butter toast with bananas for that gold outdated candy and savory combo.
Substances on this wholesome quiche
This spinach and goat cheese quiche is a home favourite right here at AK — for each breakfast and lunch! It’s significantly FANTASTIC and bangin’ with flavaaaaaa even whereas utilizing easy components. And don’t fear when you don’t have the veggies the recipe requires, it might probably simply be modified up primarily based on what’s in your fridge, together with utilizing up leftovers! Right here’s what you’ll want:
- Candy potato: to create the scrumptious gluten free crust.
- Eggs: for the quiche, in fact!
- Almond milk: to make the quiche good and fluffy — though you could possibly use no matter milk you’d like.
- Veggies: I used onion, tomato, and spinach on this recipe, however be happy to combine in your favorites.
- Goat cheese: or any cheese you’d like! I like goat cheese or feta however you can too omit to maintain this gluten free quiche dairy free as effectively.
- Salt & pepper: to convey out all the flavors.
Likelihood is you have already got these components in your fridge, which makes this candy potato crust quiche the proper breakfast or lunch to throw collectively. Because it was so excellent, I additionally extremely suggest it for get-togethers like Easter brunch!
How do you make a candy potato crust?
It’s time we speak about this lovely candy potato crust. Yep, that’s proper — a crust comprised of candy potatoes. I obtained the concept from Cooking Gentle a number of years in the past and there was no turning again. It’s really easy! To make it:
- Lower a big candy potato into 1/8 inch slices in order that they cook dinner by effectively.
- Preheat oven to 375 levels F. Grease a 9-inch pie pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Add your candy potato slices throughout the bottom (because the photograph exhibits within the image beneath). Lower some in half when you want them to suit on the perimeters.
- Spray the candy potatoes with extra nonstick cooking spray. Bake for 20 minutes. As soon as executed, take away from oven and permit to chill for five minutes. Hold warmth in oven. Then the candy potato crust is prepared for the filling!
Conventional crusts present in most quiche recipes are crammed with butter and flour, so this candy potato crust is the proper low carb, gluten & grain free choice. It additionally provides a pleasant contact of sweetness, which I like. This candy potato crust quiche can be paleo pleasant! Merely omit the goat cheese. For those who aren’t into candy potatoes, strive it with common potatoes as a substitute.
Customise this low carb spinach and goat cheese quiche
The filling is full of recent veggies like onion, spinach and tomato, however you possibly can add any veggies you want. I favor to cook dinner my veggies first, then add them over the crust. Listed here are some ideas if you wish to make this your individual:
- Mushroom: saute 8 oz child bella mushrooms together with onion, spinach and your fav cheese
- Meat lovers: add cooked bacon, turkey bacon, ham and even some cooked sausage!
- Broccoli cheddar: add finely chopped broccoli and 1/2 cup cheddar cheese
- The “Denver”: add chopped ham, diced inexperienced bell pepper and diced chopped onion
The choices are infinite to actually make this spinach and goat cheese quiche recipe your individual. Nom. Nom. Nom.
The best way to retailer this spinach and goat cheese quiche
This spinach and goat cheese quiche recipe will maintain within the fridge for as much as one week, so you possibly can get pleasure from a wholesome, straightforward breakfast or lunch all week lengthy. It’s additionally nice for prepping forward of time for weekend brunches! Merely place the completely-cooled quiche into an hermetic container (or fully cowl the pan) and retailer it within the fridge.
If you’re able to eat it, simply reheat particular person slices within the microwave for 30-60 seconds. You may as well reheat slices within the oven at 350 levels F for about 10-Quarter-hour or reheat then whole pan for 20-Half-hour.
Freezer-friendly candy potato crust quiche
- To freeze quiche: let the spinach and goat cheese quiche fully cool, then switch particular person slices to freezer-safe bags or containers for as much as 3 months. You may as well freeze all the quiche directly if in case you have a big sufficient freezer-safe bag or container.
- To reheat frozen quiche: you possibly can both let the quiche slices thaw within the fridge earlier than reheating them within the microwave, or you possibly can merely place them straight into the microwave and warmth them for about 1 minute. To reheat a whole frozen quiche you possibly can put it again within the oven at 350 levels F for 30-35 minutes or till heat within the center.
What to serve with this spinach and goat cheese quiche
I like topping this candy potato crust quiche with sizzling sauce and avocado slices as a result of ya woman likes it spicy. It’s additionally scrumptious with:
I hope you’re keen on this straightforward spinach and goat cheese quiche with candy potato crust. For those who make it, please go away a remark and score in order that I understand how you favored it! I actually admire it. xo!
Spinach & Goat Cheese Quiche with Candy Potato Crust
Complete Time 1 hour 15 minutes
Spinach and goat cheese quiche made with a delicious candy potato crust to maintain it gluten & grain free and crammed with vitamins. This straightforward, low carb candy potato crust quiche is ideal for customizing along with your favourite veggies and makes a beautiful, protein-packed breakfast or brunch!
- Cooking spray
massive candy potato, minimize into 1/eighth inch slices
small white onion, diced
massive roma tomato, diced (or sub 1 diced pink bell pepper)
(5 oz) bag of spinach
- Freshly floor black pepper
unsweetened almond milk
- Freshly floor black pepper
goat cheese crumbles (or sub feta)
Preheat oven to 375 levels F. Grease a 9 inch pie pan with nonstick cooking spray. Add candy potato slices throughout the bottom (because the photograph exhibits within the image above). Lower some in half when you want them to suit on the perimeters. Spray the candy potatoes with extra nonstick cooking spray. Bake for 20 minutes. As soon as executed, take away from oven and permit to chill for five minutes. Hold warmth in oven.
Whereas candy potato crust is baking, cook dinner the veggies: Add olive oil to a medium skillet and place over medium excessive warmth. Add in onion and diced tomato; saute for a couple of minutes. Then add spinach and saute for an additional minute, or till spinach wilts. Take away from warmth and put aside to chill.
In a medium bowl, whisk collectively eggs, almondmilk, salt and pepper.
Add spinach combination over the baked candy potato crust, then pour egg combination excessive. Sprinkle goat cheese crumbles on high together with a further sprinkle of salt and pepper.
Bake for 30-45 minutes or till egg units and puffs up. Take away from warmth and permit to chill for a couple of minutes earlier than slicing into 6 slices. Quiche ought to be saved lined within the fridge for 5-7 days.
This candy potato crust quiche is freezer-friendly. Try the total publish to see how you can do it.
See the total publish for tons of various taste concepts, too!
Servings: 6 servings
Serving dimension: 1 serving
Saturated fats: 2.1g
This publish was initially printed on March thirteenth, 2017, republished on March seventeenth, 2020, and republished on March twenty ninth, 2023.