This wholesome Rainbow Quinoa Salad with Lemon Dressing is vegan, gluten-free, and so scrumptious, excellent for meal-prep and requires no reheating!
Rainbow Quinoa Salad
I’ve been making rainbow salads for my daughter Madison since she was little or no. She incessantly asks me to make them, so I at all times have a colourful assortment of greens readily available. I swap it up, typically with radishes rather than tomatoes or inexperienced olives rather than cucumbers. Actually, I exploit no matter is in my fridge! Quinoa salads are the proper lunch or a potluck aspect dish, and a few of my different favorites are this Mediterranean Quinoa Salad, Avocado Quinoa Salad, and Quinoa Black Bean Salad.
What are the advantages of consuming quinoa?
Although technically a seed, quinoa is a grain excessive in protein and fiber. It’s additionally an entire protein, which means it has “all nine essential amino acids that our our bodies can not make on their very own.“ One cup of cooked quinoa supplies about eight grams of protein and 5 grams of fiber. It’s additionally wealthy in different vitamins, together with magnesium, iron, fiber, and manganese.
Do you eat quinoa salad chilly or heat?
You eat this rainbow quinoa salad chilly, which makes it excellent for making forward because you don’t must reheat it.
Quinoa Salad Substances
- Quinoa: You’ll want 4 cups of cooked quinoa, which is about one and a 3rd cups of raw quinoa.
- Greens: Shredded brussels sprouts, purple cabbage, and carrots, yellow bell peppers, mini cucumbers, and cherry tomatoes
- Lemon Dressing: Lemon juice, olive oil, salt, and black pepper
Learn how to Cook dinner Quinoa for Salad
Correctly cooking quinoa for salads is crucial to keep away from mushy quinoa. Should you make it on the range, use much less water than the package deal recommends. For one cup of uncooked quinoa, use 1 ¾ cups of water or broth (not two cups which is what the directions say). It’s also possible to make it in the Instant Pot should you want.
Learn how to Make Quinoa Salad
- Whisk the dressing elements in a small bowl.
- Put a cup of quinoa in every of the 4 bowls, and prime it with 1 / 4 of the veggies in rainbow order, beginning with purple and ending with purple.
- Pour the dressing over the salads and regulate the salt and pepper if wanted.
What number of days is quinoa salad good for?
Rainbow quinoa salad is sweet for as much as 5 days within the fridge. Meal prep it in 4 two-cup containers and have it for lunches all through the week.
- For further protein, add some black beans or chickpeas. If you wish to add meat, diced hen breast or eggs would work.
- Substitute purple or tricolor quinoa.
- Use inexperienced olives or jalapenos rather than cucumbers.
- Should you can’t discover mini cucumbers, use a big English cucumber.
- Should you don’t thoughts your salad being quick a rainbow shade, purple or orange bell pepper will work should you don’t have yellow.
- Substitute grape tomatoes for cherry.
- Save Time: Use the shredding disc in your meals processor to shortly shred the brussels sprouts, cabbage, and carrots. It’s also possible to purchase them pre-shredded from the grocery store.
- Cheese: Prime the quinoa salad with feta or goat cheese.
- Herbs: Add recent herbs, like basil or parsley.
- Serve it to a crowd and blend all of the elements in a big bowl. It’s also possible to simply double or triple the recipe.
Extra Quinoa Recipes You’ll Love:
Your feedback are useful! Should you’ve tried this wholesome Rainbow Quinoa Salad recipe or another on Skinnytaste, don’t neglect to price the recipe and go away me remark beneath. And should you took a photograph of it, share it with me on Instagram so I can reshare it on my Tales!
Rainbow Quinoa Salad with Lemon Dressing
Eat the rainbow! This wholesome Rainbow Quinoa Salad with Lemon Dressing is vegan, gluten-free, and so scrumptious, excellent for meal-prep and requires no reheating!
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- recent black pepper, to style
- 4 cups cooked quinoa, from about 1 1/3 cups
- 1 cup shredded brussels sprouts
- 1 cup shredded purple cabbage
- 1 cup shredded or skinny sliced carrots
- 1 cup yellow bell peppers
- 1 cup diced mini cucumbers
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
Mix lemon juice, olive oil, salt and pepper in a small bowl and whisk properly.
Add one cup quinoa in every bowl. Prime with 1/4 cup of every of the greens in rainbow order beginning with purple, ending in purple.
Pour the dressing over the salad, regulate salt and pepper, as wanted.
Serving: 21/2 cups, Energy: 394kcal, Carbohydrates: 51g, Protein: 10.5g, Fats: 17g, Saturated Fats: 2.5g, Sodium: 184mg, Fiber: 7g, Sugar: 7g
Key phrases: quinoa salad, rainbow salad, vegan salad
Leave a Reply