Bear in mind my ginger peanut meatballs that everybody loves and adores? Nicely, a few years again I made a decision to make use of a considerably related peanut sauce for this creamy, dreamy Thai hen peanut couscous and OMG it’s simply so rattling good. I really initially examined this recipe almost 4 years in the past, after which fully forgot about it in my archives, so I simply needed to deliver it to the weblog and re-share it for you.
This hen couscous with Thai peanut flavors is probably the most fantastic hearty, cozy meal filled with every part you may ever need: tender hen, loads of veggies, pearl couscous and probably the most creamy scrumptious coconut peanut sauce that may make ya wanna lick your bowl clear. Don’t overlook the enjoyable garnishes like chopped peanuts + cilantro, it helps deliver every part collectively.
What you’ll must make this Thai hen couscous
This scrumptious and nourishing Thai-inspired peanut hen couscous is less complicated to make than you assume and filled with unbelievable Thai flavors. Right here’s every part you’ll must make it:
- For the hen: you’ll simply want some olive oil, hen breast, salt & pepper to prepare dinner up your hen.
- For the peanut couscous: the star of this dish is the creamy, flavorful peanut couscous. It’s made with garlic, light coconut milk (from the can), chicken broth, pure, creamy peanut butter, soy sauce, contemporary ginger, chili paste or sriracha and pearl couscous.
- Add-ins: we’re simmering the couscous with carrots, broccoli, and crimson bell pepper for a lift of veggies.
- To garnish: prime your bowl with contemporary inexperienced onion, cilantro, honey roasted peanuts and slightly sizzling sauce in case you’d like.
Customise this dish
- Make it vegetarian or vegan. Be happy to swap the hen for chickpeas or tofu to maintain this dish vegetarian.
- Change up your veggies. This Thai hen couscous is nice for customizing with what you have got readily available. I believe spinach and/or mushrooms could be scrumptious.
- Add a kick of warmth. In the event you love spice like me be at liberty so as to add 1/4 teaspoon of cayenne pepper (or slightly extra) to the peanut couscous. Yum!
Select the correct couscous
On this hen couscous recipe, we’re utilizing pearl couscous, which is a a lot bigger grain than common couscous. Israeli pearl couscous has a texture just like mini gnocchi or pasta, whereas common couscous, when cooked, tends to have a texture just like grits.
You’ll want to go for pearl couscous on this recipe in order that the feel holds up effectively.
Can I take advantage of a special grain?
I believe this recipe would work okay utilizing white basmati rice or quinoa instead of the couscous, however please be aware that I’ve not examined it this manner. Utilizing pearl couscous actually provides a beautiful texture that may’t be replicated with one other grain. Please be aware that you just’d possible want a lot much less quinoa in case you select to interchange it, and some other grains could have completely different cooking instances.
Can I swap the peanut butter?
Whereas this recipe will work utilizing one other nut butter like cashew butter, I’d extremely suggest sticking with peanut butter to present this dish that peanut sauce taste it was created to have.
Methods to make Thai peanut hen couscous
- Brown your hen. You’ll begin this recipe by merely cooking your hen on all sides so it’s golden brown. No must prepare dinner it during.
- Make the peanut sauce. In the identical skillet, you’ll stir collectively the coconut milk, broth, peanut butter, soy sauce, ginger & chili paste.
- Couscous & veggie time. As soon as your peanut sauce is clean you’ll stir within the couscous and veggies.
- Add your hen. Lastly, stir in your hen, deliver the couscous to a simmer, then scale back the warmth and canopy the pan for quarter-hour.
- End it off. As soon as the couscous has simmered lined for about quarter-hour you’ll wish to take away the lid and let it achieve this uncovered for a couple of minutes extra to let it thicken up.
- Garnish & serve. High along with your fav garnishes and further sizzling sauce and serve!
Retailer any leftover hen couscous in hermetic containers within the fridge for as much as 4-5 days. Merely reheat within the microwave or on the stovetop.
Extra one pan meals to strive
Get all of our scrumptious one pan meals here!
I hope you’re keen on this creamy, one pan Thai peanut hen couscous! In the event you make it you’ll want to depart a remark & a ranking so I understand how you favored it. Get pleasure from, xo!
One Pan Creamy Thai Peanut Hen Couscous
Scrumptious one pan Thai-inspired peanut hen couscous filled with protein and a lift of colourful veggies. This cozy hen couscous recipe is full of Thai flavors due to a wealthy and creamy peanut sauce made with coconut milk, contemporary ginger, soy sauce, garlic and creamy peanut butter. Choices so as to add a kick of warmth in case you love spice!
- For the hen:
avocado oil or olive oil
boneless skinless hen breast, cubed
- Freshly floor salt and pepper
- For the peanut couscous:
(15 ounce) can mild coconut milk
low sodium hen broth (or sub water)
creamy pure peanut butter (simply peanuts + salt)
gluten free soy sauce (or coconut aminos)
freshly grated ginger
chili paste or sriracha
- Elective for a spicy peanut sauce: 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (plus ¼ teaspoon extra in case you adore it slightly further spicy!)
Israeli pearl couscous
giant carrots, thinly sliced
crimson bell pepper, julienned
- To garnish:
- Inexperienced onion (inexperienced half solely), diced
- Contemporary chopped cilantro
- Honey roasted peanuts, chopped
- Sizzling sauce, if desired
Place a big deep skillet over medium-high warmth and add in oil. As soon as sizzling, add the hen, season with salt and pepper and prepare dinner, about 5-7 minutes complete. You don’t must prepare dinner hen all the way in which, nearly midway by means of so it’s good and golden brown with taste. Switch hen to a bowl or plate and put aside.
Scale back the warmth to medium-low and add within the garlic, cooking for 30 seconds, then add within the coconut milk, hen broth, peanut butter, soy sauce, ginger and chili paste to the identical skillet. Whisk collectively till effectively mixed and clean. Stir within the couscous, carrots, broccoli and bell pepper; then add the hen again into the pan; deliver to a simmer. Cowl the pan, scale back warmth to low and simmer for quarter-hour, stirring on occasion to forestall couscous from sticking to the underside of the pan.
After quarter-hour, take away the lid and gently simmer for 5-10 extra minutes uncovered to absorb any extra liquid.
Garnish with chopped honey-roasted peanuts, inexperienced onion, and cilantro. Serves 4.
To make gluten free: I believe this recipe would work okay utilizing white basmati rice or quinoa instead of the couscous, however please be aware that I’ve not examined it this manner. Utilizing pearl couscous actually provides a beautiful texture that may’t be replicated with one other grain. Please be aware that you just’d possible want a lot much less quinoa (in all probability 3/4 cup) in case you select to interchange it, and some other grains could have completely different cooking instances.
To make vegetarian/vegan: be at liberty to swap the hen for chickpeas or tofu to maintain this dish vegetarian and/or vegan.
Servings: 4 servings
Serving dimension: 4 servings
Saturated fats: 8g
Recipe by: Monique Volz // Formidable Kitchen | Pictures by: Eat Love Eat
This submit was initially revealed on March third, 2021, and republished on January twenty fourth, 2023.
Leave a Reply