I shared this epic cake final fall and I nonetheless suppose it could be the BEST dessert you might eve make this season. With the entire epic cake recipes I’ve on the positioning (hiii peanut butter banana cake) you realize ya woman needed to throw down.
This unimaginable wholesome pumpkin cake is completely moist because of my fav siggi’s pumpkin & spice yogurt, crammed with cozy pumpkin pie spices and simply so occurs to be gluten free and naturally sweetened.
Thoughts-blowing? I imply, simply LOOK AT IT. Fluffy and scrumptious with a thick cinnamon cream cheese frosting. I examined this one for you fairly a couple of occasions, so belief me once I say this one is pumpkin perfection. You realize the drill: bake this magnificence up, snap a photograph and let me see your cake creations on social.
FREE Pumpkin Recipe E-Ebook
Enroll under and get a FREE printable e-book with my greatest candy and savory pumpkin recipes straight to your inbox!
What makes this pumpkin cake “more healthy?”
I lightened up this pumpkin cake with a couple of substances you may be ok with. Don’t fear, it tastes simply as indulgent because it appears to be like!
- Gluten free. We’re utilizing a mixture of almond flour and oat flour to maintain the pumpkin cake extra nutritious and in addition gluten free (GF mates rejoice!). Please know I haven’t examined it with different flours.
- Naturally sweetened. This cake is of course sweetened with unrefined sweeteners like coconut sugar and pure maple syrup to offer it an exquisite taste.
- Stuffed with nutritional vitamins. We’re utilizing pure pumpkin proper within the batter of this cake, which supplies it a lift of vitamin A and C, fiber plus antioxidants.
The whole lot you’ll have to make this wholesome pumpkin cake
Each time I say “the perfect” I actually imply it! Not solely is that this gluten free pumpkin cake loaded with pumpkin pie spices and taste, but it surely’s additionally made with substances you may be ok with. Win-win-win. Right here’s what you’ll have to make it:
- Pumpkin puree: remember to use 100% pumpkin puree and never pumpkin pie filling. It offers the cake loads of moisture and great pumpkin taste, plus it’s simple to make your self with our helpful tutorial here!
- Eggs: you’ll want 2 eggs on this cake recipe.
- Sweetener: as I discussed, we’re naturally sweetening the pumpkin cake with coconut sugar and a few pure maple syrup. Don’t overlook the vanilla extract, too.
- Yogurt: the important thing ingredient to tremendous moist pumpkin cake is yogurt! I adore it with siggi’s Pumpkin & Spice flavor. It’s SO scrumptious and provides an exquisite enhance of protein. Their vanilla taste would even be excellent!
- Coconut oil: for just a little additional moisture you’ll additionally want some melted coconut oil.
- Flour: we’re protecting this wholesome pumpkin cake gluten free with almond flour and oat flour. Greatest combo.
- Spices: get that true, cozy fall taste with pumpkin pie spice! See under for tips about making your individual.
- Baking staples: you’ll additionally want baking soda & salt.
- For the frosting: fall in love with this luscious cinnamon cream cheese frosting made with cream cheese, butter, powdered sugar, vanilla, cinnamon and just a little milk to skinny it out.
Make your individual pumpkin pie spice
Don’t have any store-bought pumpkin pie spice? It’s really easy and enjoyable to make by yourself! Merely add the next to the dry substances:
- 1 ½ teaspoons cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon floor ginger
- ½ teaspoon allspice or floor cloves
Customise your pumpkin cake
As at all times, I like to recommend baking up the recipe as-written, however listed here are a couple of easy ingredient swaps that can nonetheless make this wholesome pumpkin cake scrumptious:
- Swap your sweetener. Be at liberty to make use of brown sugar for the coconut sugar and honey for the maple syrup.
- Skip the coconut oil. You may also use melted butter or vegan butter as an alternative of coconut oil within the cake.
- Preserve it dairy free. I’ve truly examined this pumpkin cake utilizing the siggi’s plant based cups and it labored amazingly nicely (vanilla and cinnamon was excellent). Then remember to use dairy free cream cheese and vegan butter within the recipe.
- Attempt it vegan. I believe that 2 flax eggs ought to work nicely on this cake however please be aware that I haven’t examined it. Let me know within the feedback if you happen to do, after which comply with the directions for protecting it dairy free, too!
A be aware on flours
I might not advocate substituting the almond flour or oat flour on this gluten free pumpkin cake as the feel will change. Excellent news: you can also make your individual oat flour proper at dwelling! Take a look at our full tutorial and measure out 1 cup.
One of the best wholesome pumpkin cake made in a single bowl
- Prep your pan. Line an 8×8 inch pan with parchment paper and spray it with nonstop cooking spray.
- Combine the moist substances. In a large bowl combine the entire moist substances collectively (besides the melted coconut oil) till easy. Combine within the melted and cooled coconut oil final.
- Add the dry. Combine in the entire dry substances with a picket spoon till the batter is easy and mixed.
- Bake it up. Pour the pumpkin cake batter into your ready pan and bake it up!
- Cool, frost & devour. After the cake has cooled, beat collectively the entire substances for the cinnamon cream cheese frosting. Frost the cooled cake, sprinkle just a little cinnamon on prime, slice and luxuriate in!
Important cake-baking ideas
This gluten free pumpkin cake is simple to make proper in a single bowl, however I even have a couple of important ideas & tips to make sure that it comes out completely each time:
- Use room temp substances. Make sure that your eggs are room temperature and your coconut oil is cooled earlier than you combine the moist substances collectively in any other case the chilly eggs will coagulate with the recent coconut oil. Merely run your eggs below heat water for a couple of minutes to convey them to room temp. This goes for the cream cheese and butter within the frosting, too, with the intention to simply beat it collectively! Don’t microwave the butter or cream cheese or it’ll damage the frosting. Merely set out the substances earlier than you start baking your cake and by the point it’s achieved baking and cooling they’ll be able to go!
- Pack your almond flour. That’s proper, you’ll need to pack the almond flour identical to you’d with brown sugar, No have to pack the oat flour.
- Cool the cake. Earlier than including that fluffy cream cheese frosting, make certain that your cake is totally cooled in any other case the frosting will soften on prime.
Tips on how to retailer & freeze this pumpkin cake
- To retailer: be happy to maintain the wholesome pumpkin cake at room temp for someday. After that, I like to recommend storing the cake coated within the fridge for as much as 5 days.
- To freeze: be happy to freeze this cake both frosted or unfrosted for as much as 2 months. I like to recommend freezing it unfrosted for greatest outcomes. Wrap the cake in plastic wrap, then aluminum foil after which place the pumpkin cake in a zip-top freezer bag. Whenever you’re able to serve it, merely thaw it within the fridge in a single day, let the cake come to room temperature, frost it and serve it.
Instruments you’ll want
Take a look at all of our favourite kitchen essentials here.
Extra fall treats you’ll love
Get all of my dessert recipes here!
I hope you’re keen on this wholesome pumpkin cake! When you make it remember to go away a remark and a ranking so I understand how you favored it. Get pleasure from, xo!
Blow Ya Thoughts Pumpkin Cake with Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting (gluten free!)
Whole Time 1 hour 15 minutes
One of the best wholesome pumpkin cake with luscious cinnamon cream cheese frosting that’s significantly blow ya thoughts scrumptious. This one bowl, gluten free pumpkin cake is of course sweetened, perfeclty moist because of yogurt, and crammed with cozy pumpkin spices. An incredible fall dessert that’s nice for holidays!
- Moist substances:
pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling)
eggs, at room temperature
coconut sugar (or sub brown sugar)
pure maple syrup (or sub honey)
(5.3 oz) container yogurt (I like siggi’s 2% pumpkin & spice or 0% vanilla)
virgin coconut oil, melted and cooled (or sub melted butter/vegan butter)
- Dry substances:
packed advantageous blanched almond flour
oat flour, gluten free if desired
pumpkin pie spice
- For the cinnamon cream cheese frosting:
cream cheese (or dairy free cream cheese), at room temperature
butter, at room temperature
powdered sugar (add an additional ¼ cup if you happen to like a sweeter frosting)
milk of selection, to make creamy and spreadable
- To garnish:
- Additional cinnamon
Preheat the oven to 350 levels F. Line a 8×8 inch pan with parchment paper and spray with nonstick cooking spray.
Add pumpkin puree, eggs, coconut sugar, pure maple syrup, siggi’s yogurt, vanilla extract to a big bowl and whisk collectively till nicely mixed. Lastly stir in melted and cooled coconut oil till nicely mixed.
Subsequent, add dry substances: almond flour, oat flour, pumpkin pie spice, baking soda and salt. Combine along with a picket spoon till nicely mixed.
Pour batter into the ready pan. Bake for 30-40 minutes or till a tester comes out clear. Enable the cake to chill utterly earlier than frosting.
To make cinnamon cream cheese frosting: Beat cream cheese, butter, powdered sugar, vanilla, cinnamon and milk collectively on medium velocity for a minute or till easy. Unfold over cooled cake. Sprinkle just a little dusting of cinnamon on prime to make it additional fairly. Reduce the cake into 12 slices and luxuriate in! Cake needs to be saved coated within the fridge after a day or so.
To make dairy free: use plant based mostly yogurt equivalent to siggi’s vanilla and cinnamon plant based mostly cups. I’ve examined it with this and it’s scrumptious! You may also use dairy free cream cheese and vegan butter. Or be happy to make my easy vanilla buttercream from my almond flour sugar cookie recipe utilizing vegan butter sticks, however I do recommend doubling the frosting.
To make cake vegan: I believe this cake would work nicely with 2 flax eggs however please know I’ve not examined this model.
When you don’t have pumpkin pie spice: you may sub 1 ½ teaspoons cinnamon, ½ teaspoon nutmeg, ½ teaspoon floor ginger and ½ teaspoon allspice.
Wanna get loopy? Add a ½ cup of chocolate chips to the batter earlier than baking. YUM.
Servings: 12 servings
Serving measurement: 1 slice
Saturated fats: 8.9g
Recipe by: Monique Volz // Formidable Kitchen | Images by The Mindful Hapa
Leave a Reply