Bear in mind these flourless peanut butter oatmeal chocolate chip cookies? I first made them again in 2013 and slowly however absolutely they took over Pinterest and gained your hearts. Now they’re one among my hottest cookie recipes OF ALL TIME.
So say hello to my ridiculously handsome, chewy, thick, wholesome peanut butter oatmeal cookies with puddles of chocolate in each chunk. Right here’s the key: they’re made with out flour or butter!
Wait… WHAT? I swear this isn’t a joke.
First, I have to confess that I LOVE LOVE LOVE peanut butter. I’m positively a type of individuals who feels prefer it completes me in a roundabout way. A few of you could really feel this manner about Nutella and I completely get it; nut butters are creamy, addictive, and superior unfold on absolutely anything. I often do it animal-style aka straight out of the jar with a spoon.
Anyhow, these cookies? Good for people who find themselves explicitly in love with peanut butter.
FREE Final Information to Cookie Baking
Join beneath and get a FREE printable e-book with my finest ideas & methods for baking excellent cookies each time!
What makes these peanut butter oatmeal cookies wholesome?
These are actually essentially the most magical peanut butter oatmeal chocolate chip cookies as a result of they’re full of sneaky, nutrient-dense elements however nonetheless style oh-so indulgent. They’re additionally:
- Made with none flour! We’re simply utilizing nutrient-dense, entire grain oatmeal for the right cookie texture. This retains the cookies gluten free (in case you use gluten free oats) whereas including a lift of fiber.
- Dairy free as a result of there’s no butter concerned.
- Made with none further oil. Simply the pure oils and wholesome fat from peanut butter!
- Filled with a protein punch due to peanut butter & eggs. Cookies for breakfast, anybody?
Substances in these wholesome peanut butter oatmeal cookies
As a result of these cookies comprise no butter or flour, they’re full of true peanut butter taste. Plus they use simply 7 key elements! Right here’s what you’ll have to make them:
- Peanut butter: I used all natural creamy peanut butter, however chunky peanut butter may also work. In the event you do occur to be allergic to peanuts, almond butter may also work effectively. Use the code ‘AMBITIOUS15‘ to get 15% off of my fav nut butter model, Wild Friends!
- Sweetener: I really like utilizing brown sugar on this recipe. In the event you favor an unrefined sweetener then I recommend utilizing coconut sugar. I’ve additionally made these with 1/2 cup of brown sugar as an alternative of two/3 cup they usually nonetheless got here out nice however simply style a bit of extra oatmeal-like.
- Vanilla: for that cozy taste we all know and love. Discover ways to make your personal here!
- Eggs: you’ll want two eggs for these wholesome peanut butter oatmeal cookies.
- Oatmeal: be sure to make use of common old fashioned rolled oats on this recipe. And bear in mind to buy licensed gluten-free oats if you’re baking for somebody who’s gluten-intolerant.
- Baking soda: to verify these peanut butter oatmeal cookies bake up thick & chewy.
- Chocolate chips: I really like including chocolate chips to those cookies however they’re non-compulsory. You too can use fewer chocolate chips in case you’re attempting to observe your sugar consumption. I feel 1/2 cup chocolate chips can be excellent too!
- Non-obligatory: a sprinkle of flaky sea salt for that candy & salty combo.
Customise your peanut butter oatmeal cookies
- Select your nut butter. Be happy to make use of any nut butter you’d like. Almond butter would even be scrumptious.
- Strive new mix-ins. Have enjoyable along with your favourite add-ins like nuts, M&M’s, raisins, cranberries, white chocolate, or butterscotch chips. Or possibly attempt a chocolate drizzle! You too can omit any chocolate to maintain them strictly peanut butter. In the event you’re craving monster cookies, attempt my healthy monster cookie recipe.
- Go refined sugar free. Use coconut sugar and omit the chocolate chips to make them absolutely refined sugar free.
Can I make them vegan?
I haven’t examined this recipe with flax eggs however let me know in case you do!
Find out how to make wholesome peanut butter oatmeal cookies
One of the best half about these wholesome peanut butter oatmeal chocolate chip cookies is how simple they’re to make. You’ll have heat, thick & chewy cookies in beneath 20 minutes!
- Prep your pan. Preheat your oven to 350 levels F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine the dry elements. In a small bowl combine collectively the oats and baking soda.
- Make the dough. In a separate, giant bowl combine collectively the moist elements till easy. Add within the dry elements and blend wwith a picket spoon, then gently fold within the chocolate chips.
- Roll & bake. Roll cookies into 2-inch dough balls, place them in your baking sheet, and simply BARELY flatten the tops of the cookies along with your hand. Bake them up till the sides barely start to show a golden brown.
- Cool & get pleasure from! Let the cookies cool for five minutes on the cookie sheet then switch them to a wire rack to chill utterly. Sprinkle every cookie with flakey sea salt and luxuriate in!
Storing & freezing ideas
- To retailer: be at liberty to maintain these cookies in an hermetic container at room temperature for 1-2 days, then switch to the fridge or freezer.
- To freeze: be sure the cookies are utterly cooled, after which switch them to an hermetic container lined with wax or parchment paper or freezer-safe bag earlier than storing them within the freezer for as much as 2 months. I like to position them in a single layer to keep away from any cookies breaking. As soon as able to eat, merely thaw out at room temperature and luxuriate in! You additionally freeze the dough itself — get all of our ideas for doing so here!
Extra cookie recipes you’ll love
Get all of my cookie recipes here!
In the event you make these wholesome peanut butter oatmeal chocolate chip cookies, remember to depart a remark beneath and price the recipe! You too can snap and movie and submit it on Instagram utilizing the hashtag #ambitiouskitchen.
Flourless Peanut Butter Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
Thick, chewy peanut butter oatmeal chocolate chip cookies made with 7 easy elements. These flourless wholesome peanut butter oatmeal cookies are filled with that nostalgic, scrumptious peanut butter taste you recognize and love, however are gluten free and dairy free! The proper deal with for kiddos and adults.
pure creamy peanut butter (simply peanuts + salt)
packed darkish brown sugar
rolled oats (gluten-free if desired)
chocolate chips, dairy free if desired
- Flakey sea salt for sprinkling on high
Preheat oven to 350 levels F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
In small bowl combine collectively the oats and baking soda; put aside.
In a big bowl combine collectively peanut butter, brown sugar, eggs and vanilla till easy. Combine in dry elements with a picket spoon, then gently fold in chocolate chips.
Roll cookies into 2-inch dough balls and place 2 inches aside on the ready baking sheet. BARELY flatten the highest of the cookie along with your hand. The dough must be fairly sticky so in case you discover this technique annoying, merely use a cookie scoop to drop the cookie dough onto the ready baking sheet. The cookies is probably not as spherical in form and maybe a bit thicker, however that is okay, they may nonetheless be scrumptious!
Bake cookies for 9-12 minutes and take away when edges barely start to show a golden brown. The cookies could look a bit of underdone, however they may proceed to prepare dinner when you take away them from the oven.
Cool for five minutes on the cookie sheet then switch to a wire rack to chill utterly. Sprinkle every cookie with flakey sea salt. Repeat with remaining cookie dough. Makes 16-20 cookies.
You should utilize much less sugar or much less chocolate chips — I’ve tried utilizing 1/2 cup of sugar and 1/2 cup chocolate chips they usually turned out nice.
Be happy to substitute almond butter or one other nut butter in substitute of peanut butter.
Servings: 18 cookies
Serving dimension: 1 cookie
Recipe by: Monique Volz // Bold Kitchen | Images by: Eat Love Eats
This submit was initially revealed on March fifth, 2013, republished on December twenty sixth, 2018, republished on August thirtieth, 2020, and republished on January sixteenth, 2023.
Leave a Reply