Are you prepared for the BEST wholesome oatmeal chocolate chip cookies EVER?! They’re chewy, vegan, gluten free and SO GOOD that they’ve formally develop into one in every of my favourite cookies to make once I’m searching for a wholesome and nourishing, however nonetheless satisfying deal with.
And guys, what’s life and not using a little chocolate? Frankly, I’m unsure.
I first got here up with this vegan chocolate chip oatmeal cookie recipe once I was messing round within the kitchen late at evening. We normally eat dinner at 7pm and by so by 9pm, I’m prepared for a little bit one thing candy to finish the evening. I’ve a go-to oatmeal cookie that I’ll at all times make, however this time wished it to be dairy free, vegan and gluten free as a result of frankly, if I offer you a recipe for one model, you’ll ask for the opposite. LOLZ.
So, inform me, what’s higher than a cookie for nearly everybody? Enter these RIDICULOUSLY GOOD HEALTHY OATMEAL CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES. Yummmmmmm.
FREE Final Information to Cookie Baking
Enroll under and get a FREE printable e-book with my greatest suggestions & methods for baking good cookies each time!
Elements in wholesome oatmeal chocolate chip cookies
The very best half about these wholesome chocolate chip cookies? They’re simple to make, take solely 20 minutes, are made in a single bowl and also you most likely have already got the entire substances for them in your pantry! You’ll want:
- Gluten free oat flour: this flour is one in every of my favorites to bake with and you’ll simply make it your self! I’ve included directions on how to take action under.
- Gluten free oats: I like to recommend utilizing gluten free rolled oats on this recipe to make sure that the cookies bake up correctly and have that scrumptious chew to them.
- Flaxseed meal: baking with flaxseed meal is a good way to substitute a flax egg for normal eggs to maintain them vegan.
- Coconut oil: only a little bit of coconut oil give these wholesome oatmeal chocolate chip cookies the correct amount of moisture with out having to make use of butter.
- Coconut sugar: we’re sweetening these cookies with all pure coconut sugar as an alternative of normal, refined sugar. You should utilize brown sugar for those who’d like.
- Shredded unsweetened coconut: the coconut offers these wholesome oatmeal cookies an additional scrumptious chew to them plus a little bit pure sweetness.
- Vanilla: a vital for yummy baked items.
- Baking soda & salt: to make sure these bake up correctly.
- Chocolate chips: be at liberty to make use of your favourite model or maintain these oatmeal cookies vegan by utilizing dairy free chocolate chips! I really like utilizing darkish chocolate chips or breaking apart a darkish chocolate bar.
What makes these oatmeal cookies wholesome?
Basic chocolate chip cookies are made with refined sugar, refined flour and loads of butter, however this wholesome chocolate chip cookie recipe has no butter and the cookies are sweetened with only a little bit of coconut sugar. They nonetheless style INCREDIBLE, in fact.
These wholesome chocolate chip cookies have the proper texture with crispy edges, a chewy inside and are so completely scrumptious that nobody will be capable to inform that they’re vegan or gluten-free! Don’t neglect to high them with a little bit flaky sea salt for a enjoyable candy and salty twist.
Can I take advantage of a special flour?
Sadly, no, I can’t suggest a substitution for these oat flour on this recipe, however see under for a straightforward technique to make it at residence! In the event you’re searching for a flour different, attempt one in every of these chocolate chip cookies:
Get all of my chocolate chip cookie recipes here!
Methods to make a flax egg
This recipe requires a flax egg to maintain these wholesome chocolate chip cookies vegan. In the event you’ve by no means made a ‘flax egg’ earlier than, it’s very simple and replaces conventional eggs in recipes. Simply add flaxseed meal and water to a bowl, enable it to take a seat for a couple of minutes, then use it within the recipe as directed. I even have a information for easy methods to make vegan egg substitutes here.
Methods to make gluten free oat flour
You may simply make your individual gluten free oat flour by merely putting oats right into a blender and mixing or pulsing till they’re easy and resemble flour. Check out my tutorial with all of my greatest suggestions & methods. This can be a tremendous simple & inexpensive possibility. You should definitely measure out 3/4 cup of your oat flour after making it!
The precise sort of oats to make use of
These wholesome oatmeal cookies use gluten free rolled oats, if you’re making them for somebody who’s gluten free, it’s necessary to ensure the oats are gluten free licensed. In the event you aren’t gluten free, you should use old school rolled oats. Please don’t use fast oats or metal reduce oats on this recipe, it is not going to work out the identical.
Make these wholesome chocolate chip cookies your individual
- Don’t skip the coconut! The shredded coconut helps to bind these cookies collectively and provides them further taste so I’d not recommend leaving it out. If you wish to go away it out although, merely add in 1/4 cup extra oat flour as an alternative.
- Swap out the flax egg: if you wish to use an everyday egg, you’ll be able to, you simply may have so as to add in some further oat flour. I’d guess about 2-3 tablespoons of additional oat flour would do the trick.
- Swap the coconut oil for butter: be at liberty to make use of common melted butter as an alternative of coconut oil if you’re not vegan/dairy free.
- If you need extra wholesome fat: be at liberty so as to add in ¼ cup chopped walnuts or pecans.
Why these cookies are nice for nursing mamas + youngsters
These wholesome oatmeal cookies are similar to my lactation cookie recipe and are nice for mamas who’re nursing as a result of they’re made with substances which were identified to extend milk provide like:
- Wholesome fat from coconut oil
- And flaxseed meal
Not solely are they nice for mothers, however these wholesome cookies are additionally an superior, healthful deal with for youths, too! Throw them in a lunchbox, or bake them up for an after-school deal with. Preserve these cookies available, or be at liberty to freeze them for later.
Methods to freeze wholesome chocolate chip cookies
You may both freeze the chocolate chip cookie dough or batches of already-baked cookies! Try my full tutorial here and luxuriate in these great cookies from the freezer for months each time your candy tooth hits.
Our fav cookie-baking instruments
Try all of our fav kitchen essentials here.
Extra wholesome cookie recipes you may like
Get all of my cookie recipes here!
You’re going to like these wholesome oatmeal chocolate chip cookies, please let me know for those who make it by leaving a remark and ranking the recipe under. I’d love to listen to from you and it helps encourage others to make the recipe! Get pleasure from xo!
Wholesome Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies (vegan & gluten free!)
My very favourite wholesome oatmeal chocolate chip cookies simply so occur to be vegan and gluten free. This simple, wholesome chocolate cookie recipe is ideal for lactating mamas or youngsters due to flax, oats and loads of wholesome fat. These chewy oatmeal chocolate chip cookies are outrageously scrumptious!
room temperature water
melted and cooled coconut oil*
gluten free oat flour
gluten free rolled oats
unsweetened shredded coconut (don’t use large coconut flakes)
chocolate chips, vegan/dairy free if desired
- Fancy sea salt, for sprinkling on high
Preheat oven to 350 levels F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
In a medium bowl, combine collectively flaxseed meal and water, let it sit for five minutes whilst you get all of your different substances prepared. After 5 minutes the ‘flaxegg’ might be prepared and you’ll add the melted and cooled coconut oil, coconut sugar and vanilla extract to the bowl; whisk collectively till easy.
Subsequent add within the oat flour, rolled oats, shredded coconut, baking soda and salt. Combine till effectively mixed. Fold in chocolate chips.
Use a medium cookie scoop and place about 1 heaping tablespoon dough on ready baking sheet, about 2 inches aside. You need to get 10 cookies. If you need thicker cookies, go away as is. If you need barely thinner cookies, very gently push ONLY the highest of the cookie down only a very tiny bit. Don’t overdo it — these are vegan cookies and we wish them to stay collectively!
Bake cookies for 9-12 minutes till edges are simply barely golden brown. As soon as cookies come out of oven, sprinkle the tops with fancy sea salt.
Permit cookies to chill on baking sheet for 10-Quarter-hour earlier than eradicating and transferring to a wire rack to complete cooling. Leaving them on the baking sheet will assist them settle up and maintain collectively. Makes 10 cookies.
If you wish to use an everyday egg, you’ll be able to, you simply may have so as to add in a tablespoon or two of additional oat flour. I have not examined these with an everyday egg although so I can not make sure.
The shredded coconut helps to bind these cookies collectively and provides them further taste so I’d not recommend leaving it out. If you wish to go away it out, merely add in 1/4 cup extra oat flour.
Be happy to make use of common melted butter as an alternative of coconut oil if you’re not vegan/dairy free.
If you need extra wholesome fat, be at liberty so as to add in ¼ cup chopped walnuts or pecans.
Servings: 10 cookies
Serving dimension: 1 cookie
Saturated fats: 9.6g
Recipe by: Monique Volz // Formidable Kitchen | Images by: Eat Love Eats