These Date Sweetened Brussels Sprouts come collectively shortly and are such a singular and scrumptious method to put together them! the sprouts are salty with a little bit little bit of a crunch whereas the dates are tender and so deliciously candy.
I’m partnering up as soon as once more with Natural Delights which is my GO TO supply for contemporary and scrumptious Medjool dates! I used their pitted dates to make this easy however scrumptious Brussels sprouts recipe that you just’re going to like!
A couple of years in the past in Nashville, I had a model of this recipe at a restaurant and have been craving it EVER SINCE. It’s a taste mixture that truthfully appears a little bit odd at first however someway simply works so nicely collectively. That is positively a type of “don’t realize it till you attempt it” situations- belief me!
And hopefully you recognize by now HOW MUCH I actually love Brussels sprouts. I’ve created so many scrumptious sprout recipes at this level however I by no means get sick of them. This specific recipe is a play on my traditional Sea Salt & Garlic Brussels Sprouts that I make very often.
For this recipe, we’re going to be including within the chopped Medjool dates in addition to a *little* little bit of crumbled goat cheese on prime. The cheese is totally elective, so be happy to depart it out for those who’re dairy free/ vegan. But when not, I excessive counsel simply including the cheese 🙂
Both way- the recipe seems wonderful and makes for such a fantastic vacation aspect dish (or simply an on a regular basis aspect dish!).
I actually like to make use of contemporary Brussels sprouts when attainable. Nevertheless, I do typically makes this with a bag of frozen sprouts and it nonetheless tastes scrumptious. So, use no matter you’re capable of finding/ have readily available already.
For the dates, I’m utilizing 12 ounces of Pure Delights Pitted Medjool dates. I ALWAYS have them readily available and love that the pits have already been removed- it makes the entire course of quite a bit simpler. The pitted dates are additionally a favourite in our home for snacking as a result of they’re so deliciously candy and are nice for a fast on-the-go snack. We’re massive followers!
Listed below are the substances on this recipe:
- Brussels sprouts
- Pure Delights Medjool dates
- Sea salt
- Crumbled goat cheese
- Numerous garlic!
Fairly easy however again- the flavour mixture is simply so good!
I’m keen to listen to how you want this recipe and what you consider dates with Brussels sprouts!
If you find yourself making this recipe, please remember to snap a photograph and tag me on social media! And thanks once more to Natural Delights for sponsoring this put up and thank YOU for supporting the manufacturers that make my weblog attainable.
Simple sauteed brussels sprouts with caramelized medjool dates!
- If utilizing contemporary brussels sprouts, reduce off the stems and slice the brussels sprouts in half from the stem space to the highest of the sprout.
- In a skillet over medium warmth, mix half of the oil and half of the butter and warmth till butter is simply melted all through.
- Add within the brussels sprouts and sprinkle with the ocean salt and pepper till the sprouts are evenly lined.
- Prepare dinner over medium warmth, toss sometimes, for about 5 minutes or till the brussels sprouts start to melt.
- Add within the minced garlic in addition to the remaining oil and butter and prepare dinner, tossing sometimes, for a further 4-5 minutes. Take away the sprouts to a clear bowl and return the skillet to the warmth.
- Over medium warmth, place the dates into the skillet and prepare dinner for two minutes, stirring typically. This can frivolously caramelize the dates.
- Add the Brussels sprouts again in and toss to mix. Let cool barely and serve heat with a sprinkle of goat cheese on prime. ENJOY!!
These Brussels sprouts are greatest served instantly, nonetheless, I do take pleasure in leftovers served over a salad and they’re going to keep contemporary within the fridge for as much as 3 days. For greatest outcomes, reheat leftovers in a skillet on the stovetop to crisp all the pieces up. You may as well reheat within the microwave, if most well-liked.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Prepare dinner Time: quarter-hour
- Class: aspect dish
- Technique: stovetop
- Delicacies: american
Key phrases: date recipes, medjool dates savory dish, date brussels sprouts
Leave a Reply