Jamie Preuss, founding father of So Completely satisfied You Appreciated It, joined KARE 11 Saturday with recipes for potato pancakes and Thanksgiving leftover salad.
GOLDEN VALLEY, Minn. — Should you nonetheless end up observing a full fridge after your Thanksgiving feast, why not get inventive with the leftovers?
Jamie Preuss, founding father of sohappyyoulikedit.com, shared two of her inventive concepts with KARE 11 Saturday.
- 1 cup leftover mashed potatoes
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup flour (extra as wanted)
- 1- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- Place leftover mashed potatoes in a big bowl. Add egg and stir till mixed.
- Including 1 tablespoon at a time, add the flour and blend after every addition. Be aware that relying on how thick or skinny your mashed potatoes are, it’s possible you’ll want kind of flour. You need the combination to be thickened however nonetheless skinny sufficient for it to unfold as you add it to the new saute pan to be be fried. In case your leftover mashed potatoes are significantly thick, think about including yet one more egg or a splash of milk to skinny the batter out somewhat bit.
- Add 1 tablespoon of oil to a medium saute pan set over medium warmth. Utilizing a cookie scoop (about 2-3 tablespoons’ value of batter), add batter to pan. You possibly can choose to make your potato pancakes smaller or bigger: with the recipe because it’s written, I like making 6 pancakes.
- Enable the pancakes to flippantly fry within the oil, flipping as soon as they’re golden brown. Prepare dinner the opposite facet till golden brown as nicely and take away from the pan.
- Serve with fried eggs for a scrumptious breakfast, or with bitter cream and apple sauce for a snack!
Thanksgiving Leftovers Arugula Salad with Tahini French dressing
- 2 cups arugula
- ½ cup leftover turkey, cubed or torn into chew sized items
- ¼ cup cooked wild rice (or leftover grain)
- ¼ cup roasted candy potatoes (or leftover roasted greens)
- 2 tsp inexperienced onions, chopped
- 1 Tbsp sunflower nuts
- 1 ½ tsp tahini
- 1 ½ tsp recent squeezed orange juice
- 1 tsp aminos (or different soy substitute)
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp balsamic vinegar
- ¼ tsp dijon mustard
- ½ tsp minced garlic
- Salt and Pepper to style
- Add arugula to a serving bowl or plate. High with wild rice, roasted candy potato, turkey, inexperienced onion, and sunflower seeds.
- Mix substances for the dressing in a small mason jar. Be aware that you would be able to scale this recipe if you wish to make extra! Shake totally till the substances are mixed. Style the dressing and regulate the seasoning as wanted.
- Drizzle salad with dressing, toss, and revel in!
Watch the most recent protection from KARE11 Saturday in our YouTube playlist: