This Chickpea and Kale Breakfast Skillet is ridiculously simple to throw collectively and SO yummy. It’s gentle and but surprisingly filling + full of protein which is all the time a win in my ebook!
This recipe is courtesy of a random journal that I skimmed by way of whereas ready FOREVER at a physician’s appointment currently. I didn’t write the title of the journal down. I didn’t write the recipe down. However I took a psychological image of chickpeas with what appeared like kale and an egg on prime. I made my very own model of it and it’s AMAZING!
I’ve tried it with varied recent herbs blended in. Proper now, it’s largely basil since that’s the factor that I’ve in most abundance proper now. Basil and mint. However, perhaps mint can be bizarre on this dish? I additionally usually have it with an odd trying fried egg on prime that’s barely over cooked as a result of for some fully inexplicable motive, I’m incapable of correctly frying an egg. <<<I’m nonetheless engaged on that. So, the egg you see right here is courtesy of my pricey husband who’s a grasp egg fryer (not less than in comparison with me).
Make this for breakfast ASAP! You may thank me after 🙂
Fast observe on the recipe: this recipe is extraordinarily versatile! Begin with the one can of chickpeas and the garlic. After that, you may add in a lot of completely different spices (I wish to attempt it out with some turmeric and paprika!!). You would additionally use any sort of greens that you really want AND any sort of herbs. I plan to make this once more tomorrow morning with rosemary as a result of I’m 100% obsessive about rosemary.
We’re going to maintain issues quick and easy on this one as a result of it’s a easy recipe! I hope you make it and completely adore it!
This vegetarian breakfast dish is SUPER simple to make however nonetheless so very satisfying!
- Place your cleaned and dried chickpeas in a big skillet over medium warmth. Add within the minced garlic and 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Stir to mix.
- If wanted/ desired, add in additional olive oil. I needed to attenuate the quantity of oil I used to be including in so as a substitute, I added a little bit of water to the skillet to maintain it from attending to dry. Inside minutes, the water is absorbed/ evaporated. Add much more if wanted.
- Cook dinner for 10 minutes or till the chickpeas start to crisp up.
- Salt and pepper to style (it is a good time so as to add different spices if desired…turmeric perhaps? or cumin?)
- Flip the warmth to low and add within the kale and recent herbs. Proceed to cook dinner till the greens are wilted. Take off of warmth.
- High with a fried egg and luxuriate in!!
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook dinner Time: quarter-hour
- Class: Breakfast
- Technique: stovertop
- Delicacies: american
Key phrases: vegetarian breakfast, chickpea breakfast, kale breakfast, savory breakfast
Leave a Reply